Do You Remember?
Have you appreciated reading the recent issues of The Watchtower? Well, see if you can answer the following questions:
• What might a Christian do in the face of emotional and spiritual tiredness?
We need to identify the cause of our weariness. It may help to take inventory of our habits and possessions, putting off unnecessary weights. We can set realistic goals according to our circumstances. Caring for our spiritual health is important and should involve regular prayer and meditation.
• Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses take the number 144,000 literally?
After the apostle John was told about the 144,000, he saw “a great crowd, which no man was able to number.” (Revelation 7:4, 9) If the number 144,000 were symbolic, the force of the contrast would be lost. Jesus spoke of those who will rule with him as a “little flock.” (Luke 12:32)
• Why could an Israelite sell an unbled dead animal to a foreigner?
A foreigner or an alien resident who did not become a proselyte was not under the Law. So an Israelite was permitted to give or sell such animals to him. (Deuteronomy 14:21) But a proselyte was bound by the Law and would not eat the unbled meat of such an animal. (Leviticus 17:10)
• What is biomimetics, and why might it be of interest to Christians?
It is the field of science that seeks to mimic designs found in nature. For example, the Wright brothers designed an airplane after studying large birds in flight. Thus, biomimetics can move a Christian to give glory to the Creator.
• Who was mentioned at 2 Corinthians 12:2-4 as caught away into paradise?
That passage comes right after verses in which Paul defended his apostleship. Since the Bible does not speak of any other person who had such an experience and since it is Paul who tells us of it, likely Paul had this vision.
• What are some traits of Jesus that qualify him to serve as the Leader chosen by God?
Jesus maintained perfect integrity, being honest and upright in his conduct. He was completely dedicated to God. Jesus had deep concern for people and was willing to work.
• Where will the demons be during the Millennium?
We can logically conclude that during Christ’s Millennial Reign, they will be abyssed along with Satan. (Revelation 20:1-3) Genesis 3:15 foretold the bruising of the serpent in the head, which involves his being abyssed during the Millennium. His seed includes the wicked angels, or demons. That they have shown fear of the abyss indicates that they are aware of this forthcoming restraint. (Luke 8:31)
• Why should a person be cautious about drinking alcoholic beverages, even if he avoids doing so to the point of being visibly drunk?
Some people show little sign of drunkenness even after consuming a number of drinks. However, one may gradually develop a dependency on alcohol and become “enslaved to a lot of wine.” (Titus 2:3) Jesus warned about getting “weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking.” (Luke 21:34, 35) Drinking does not have to reach the level of drunkenness before it makes a person drowsy and lazy