Safeguard Your Conscience
1. What is the theme of the special assembly day for the 2013 service year, and what is the purpose of the program?
1 Each day, we are exposed to situations that could cause us to violate our conscience. That is why the special assembly day program for the 2013 service year, which begins on September 1, 2012, has as its theme “Safeguard Your Conscience.” (1 Tim. 1:19) The program has been designed to help each of us give serious attention to how we are utilizing this remarkable gift from our Creator.
2. What important questions will be answered during the program?
2 Look for These Points: The program will answer seven principal questions regarding conscience:
• What is hazardous to the conscience?
• How can we train our conscience?
• How is it possible to be clean from the blood of all men?
• What does our thinking and acting on Bible principles reveal about us?
• How can we avoid wounding others in matters of conscience?
• Young ones, how can you bear up when pressured to compromise?
• What blessings come to those who follow their spirit-directed conscience?
3. How can the program benefit us?
3 With Jehovah’s help we can withstand the efforts of Satan to corrupt our conscience. By means of God’s Word and organization, our loving heavenly Father is telling us: “This is the way. Walk in it.” (Isa. 30:21) This program is one way Jehovah is providing such guidance. Therefore, make arrangements to be in attendance for the entire program. Pay close attention, and consider how to apply the information personally. Talk about the program as a family. Our putting into practice the instruction we receive will strengthen us to continue to “hold a good conscience” and help us avoid being lured off course by the fleeting pleasures of Satan’s world.—1 Pet. 3:16.