(Shel·e·miʹah) [Jehovah is recompense; or, communion sacrifice of Jehovah].
1. A Levitical gatekeeper assigned by lot to the E of the sanctuary during David’s reign.—1 Chron. 26:14; see MESHELEMIAH.
2. Grandfather of Jehoiakim’s officer Jehudi; son of Cushi.—Jer. 36:14.
4. Father of Irijah, the officer in charge of Jerusalem’s gate of Benjamin; son of Hananiah.—Jer. 37:13.
5. One of the messengers of King Jehoiakim sent to bring Jeremiah and Baruch before him; son of Abdeel.—Jer. 36:26.
8. Father of the Hananiah who helped repair Jerusalem’s wall.—Neh. 3:30.