● Literature offer for June: Choosing book on contribution of 50c. For July: Watchtower subscription for $2.50 with three 32-page booklets given free to new subscribers. August: Two 50-cent books for $1.00. For September: Tract and a 50-cent book. (For book offers during August and September do not use Commentary on James, Family Life, Truth or School Guidebook. If your congregation has any of the 384-page books in stock, make a special effort to place them.)
● You may order the 1979 Watch Tower Publications Index immediately. The cost is 25c each. Individuals please order through congregation.
● Please note the following price changes that take effect June 1, 1980.
Annual, paperback Watch Tower Publications Index for the years 1976, 1977, 1978 From 10c to 25c
Brown, hardcover Watch Tower Publications Index for 1961-1965 From 50c to $1.00
TO THE CONGREGATION SECRETARY: Please study carefully the information on the inventory form that will be sent to each congregation with the May statement. All paper-covered indexes up to and including 1974 should be deleted from the Progressive Inventory of Literature and removed from stock on June 1, 1980, AFTER AN ACTUAL COUNT IS TAKEN. List only the quantities of the indexes affected by the price increase and those to be removed from stock.
● In preparation for the dramas to be presented at the “Divine Love” District Conventions, it is suggested that all read the following Bible accounts: Genesis chapters 22; Ge 25:19-34; Ge 26:34–27:40; 1 Samuel chapters 21, 22 and 26; 2 Samuel chapters 11, 12, 15–18 and 24; 1 Kings chapter 1; 2 Chronicles chapters 17–20.
● Due to the rising cost of paper and postage, as of June 1 it will be necessary to charge $2.00 a thousand for handbills.
● All regular and special pioneers on the list for six months at the time of the district convention may receive $14.00 worth of convention tickets and any free releases by showing their Pioneer Identification and Assignment card to a designated cashier and the bookroom respectively. Those in circuit, district and Bethel service have received a 1980 Convention Identification card for this purpose.
● Congregations will schedule a 30-minute review of things learned at the district convention. This meeting will be held the week following the convention your congregation is scheduled to attend as outlined in the 2/80 Our Kingdom Service insert. Each congregation book study should be assigned a specific day (or days) of the convention, being ready to highlight beneficial things learned.