Knowledge From God Answers Many Questions
1 Before you came to an accurate knowledge of the truth, likely you had many questions about life that you were unable to answer. How happy you were to receive Bible-based answers to those questions! Now you are able to help others find those same answers. (Compare 2 Timothy 2:2.) You can share with them the knowledge of God that leads to everlasting life. (John 17:3) But how can you help someone appreciate the value of this knowledge? Well, think of the questions that the truth answered for you. What is it that truth-seekers desire to know? Thinking along these lines can help you to offer the book Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life. The following suggestions may help you when preparing for witnessing during June.
2 Since many people wonder why there is so much suffering in the world, this approach might get a good response:
▪ “When disaster strikes or when acts of crime and violence are on the increase, people often ask why such terrible things happen. What would be your answer?” Allow for and acknowledge the person’s response. Then turn to chapter 8 in the Knowledge book, and call attention to what is stated in paragraph 2. Explain that this book presents the Bible’s explanation as to why bad things happen, and say: “If you promise to read it, I would be pleased to leave this copy with you.” If the book is accepted, explain the donation arrangement.
3 When calling back where you placed the “Knowledge” book, you could say:
▪ “I am interested in the conclusion you reached about why there is so much suffering in the world. Do you agree with the Bible’s answer as outlined in the book?” Allow for response. Read paragraph 17 on page 77 in the Knowledge book, and offer to read Romans 9:14 from the householder’s Bible. Then say: “The good news is that God does not unjustly cause us pain and suffering. He has promised to give us everlasting life in peace and happiness. The first chapter in this book is entitled ‘You Can Have a Happy Future!’ I’d like to explain how that can be true for you and your loved ones.” Turn to chapter 1, and demonstrate our study method. Cover as much of the chapter as is appropriate under the circumstances.
4 You might choose to use the introduction that appears on page 14 in the “Reasoning” book, under the heading “Old Age/Death”:
▪ “Have you ever asked, ‘Is death the end of it all? Or is there something else after death?’ [Allow for response.] The Bible clears up any question we might have about death. [Read Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10.] It also shows that there is a real hope for those who have faith. [Turn to paragraph 13 on page 84 in the Knowledge book; read and explain Jesus’ words found at John 11:25.] This entire chapter is devoted to answering the question, What happens to our dead loved ones? If you would like to read it, I can leave this copy with you.” Allow the householder the opportunity to make a donation.
5 When making the return visit, you could renew acquaintance and then say:
▪ “Previously we talked about what happens when a person dies. Many people believe that any life after death will be in either heaven or hell. But have you ever thought about the possibility of the dead living again right here on earth? [Allow for response.] According to the Bible, resurrected ones will be among the meek who inherit the earth. [Read Psalm 37:11, 29, then discuss paragraph 20 on page 88 in the Knowledge book.] That hope has given comfort to millions of people who lived in fear of death. This book will help you understand the matter better. May I demonstrate how?”
6 If you prefer a simplified presentation, you might try this one:
▪ “I would like to show you an illustration in this book, Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life. Isn’t this a beautiful picture?” Open the book so that the householder can see pages 4-5. Allow for his response. Then read the words on page 5. Conclude by saying: “You may have this book to read for yourself. There is no charge for it, but we do accept small donations for our worldwide work.” Find out what would be a good time to return to follow up any interest that is shown.
7 We have the knowledge from God that answers life’s important questions. Prepare diligently, and Jehovah will bless your efforts to share this life-giving information with those who are seeking the truth.