District Convention Stimulates Us to Walk With God
How the “Walk With God” District Convention echoed Jehovah’s clear direction: “This is the way. Walk in it, you people”! (Isa. 30:21) Applying the instruction we received will help us to ‘keep strict watch on how we walk.’ (Eph. 5:15) Meditating on what we learned will assist us as we “go on walking in the truth.”—3 John 3.
Use the following questions along with your personal notes to prepare for and participate in the review of this year’s convention program. The review will be conducted on the Service Meeting the week of October 18.
2. In what areas of life might the principle at Luke 16:10 be applied? (“Are You ‘Faithful in What Is Least’?”)
3. (a) Name four practical lessons found in Hosea chapters 6 through 9 that will help us to walk with God. (Hos. 6:6, 7; 7:14; 8:7) (b) What additional points from Hosea chapters 10 through 14 help us to walk with God? (“Hosea’s Prophecy Helps Us to Walk With God”—Symposium)
6. (a) What three important aspects of our preaching work should we analyze to ensure that we are having a meaningful share in it? (Isa. 52:7; Zech. 8:23; Mark 6:34) (b) What features of the publication Good News for People of All Nations do you find particularly useful? (“Good News for People of All Nations”; “Helping Those Who Speak Another Language”)
7. How might we help new ones to gain confidence in presenting the Kingdom message? (Judg. 7:17; “Helping Multitudes Join Us in the Ministry”)
8. How do we demonstrate our conviction that “the great day of Jehovah is near”? (Zeph. 1:14; “Walking by Faith, Not by Sight”)
9. (a) How serious is the matter of stumbling? (Mark 9:42-48) (b) How can we avoid being stumbled? (Ps. 119:165) (c) How can we avoid stumbling others? (1 Cor. 10:24; “Avoid ‘Any Cause for Stumbling’”)
11. (a) What is noteworthy about times when Jesus enjoyed the hospitality of others? (Luke 10:42; 24:32) (b) How can we fill recreational needs in a way that leaves us and others feeling refreshed? (1 Cor. 10:31-33; “Wholesome Activities That Refresh”)
12. According to the 23rd Psalm, what blessings do we receive as Jehovah’s sheep, and what are our responsibilities? (1 Cor. 10:21; “Jehovah Is Our Shepherd”)
13. How do Christians heed the inspired advice to ‘buy out the opportune time’? (Eph. 5:16; “Buying Out the Opportune Time”)
14. (a) What does ‘the hour of judgment’ mentioned at Revelation 14:7 include? (b) How do we give evidence that we are truly separate from Babylon the Great? (“‘Keep on the Watch’—The Hour of Judgment Has Arrived”) (c) What points have you enjoyed from the Keep on the Watch! brochure?
15. Name three qualities that are needed to keep us from “abandoning the straight path.” (2 Pet. 2:15; “Guard Against ‘Abandoning the Straight Path’”)
16. How can youths shun “the path of the wicked ones”? (Prov. 4:14; “Youths—Walk in the Path of Righteousness”)
17. (a) In what ways was Paul an excellent example of endurance? (Acts 14:19, 20; 16:25-33) (b) Why is there no need to fear opponents of true worship? (Drama and the talk “Bear Thorough Witness Today Despite Opposition”)
18. What blessings come to those who walk with God? (“Walking With God Brings Blessings Now and Forever”)