Safeguard Your Mind
1. What is the theme of the circuit assembly for the 2013 service year, and what is the purpose of the program?
1 Jesus instructed his disciples to love Jehovah with their whole heart, soul, and mind. (Matt. 22:37, 38) This year’s conventions and circuit events have been designed to help us strengthen the person we are on the inside. As you will recall, the theme of our district convention was “Safeguard Your Heart!” The special assembly day program for the 2013 service year has as its theme “Safeguard Your Conscience.” And the series of circuit assemblies that begins next month will feature the theme “Safeguard Your Mind,” based on Matthew 22:37. This program is designed to help each of us to analyze our own thoughts with a view to making them more pleasurable to Jehovah.
2. We should look for the answers to what questions during the program?
2 What Will Be Presented: As we listen to the circuit assembly, we should look for the answers to these questions, which represent the main points:
• How can we avoid thinking ‘man’s thoughts’?
• How can we help lift the veil that blinds the minds of unbelievers?
• What mental attitude do we want to have?
• What are the benefits of proper meditation?
• How can we allow Jehovah to mold our thinking?
• How can husbands, wives, parents, and children contribute to family happiness?
• How can we be ready for Jehovah’s day?
• What does it mean to brace up our minds for activity?
• What benefit comes to those who apply what they learn?
3. Why is it important that we attend both days, pay close attention, and apply what we learn?
3 Satan is waging a battle for our minds and is seeking to corrupt them. (2 Cor. 11:3) Therefore, we must protect our minds and control our thoughts. We need to continue reflecting the mind of Christ and fight against the influences of this lawless world. (1 Cor. 2:16) So make arrangements to attend both days of the circuit assembly. Pay close attention. Applying the vital information presented will help us to brace up our minds for zealous Kingdom service.—1 Pet. 1:13.