Young People Ask—How Can I Make Real Friends?
Jehovah designed humans to interact and form friendships. (Prov. 17:17; 18:1, 24) In order for these relationships to be mutually beneficial, we must select our friends carefully. (Prov. 13:20) After viewing the video Young People Ask—How Can I Make Real Friends?, can you answer the following questions?
(1) What is a true friend?
Roadblocks to Friendship:
(2) How can feelings of being left out be overcome? (Phil. 2:4) (3) Why should we be willing to improve our personality, and who can help us to do that? (2 Cor. 13:11) (4) How can we open up opportunities to make more friends?—2 Cor. 6:13.
Friendship With God:
(5) How can we develop a closer relationship with Jehovah, and why is doing so worth the effort? (Ps. 34:8) (6) When we make Jehovah our best friend, what beneficial human friendships can we have?
The Wrong Kind of Friends:
(7) Who are bad associates? (1 Cor. 15:33) (8) How can the wrong friends lead someone into spiritual ruin?
A Modern-Day Drama:
(9) What does the Bible account about Dinah teach us? (Gen. 34:1, 2, 7, 19) (10) How did Tara justify her association with unbelieving youths? (11) To what dangers did Tara’s school friends expose her? (12) Why did Tara’s parents fail to see the danger she was in, but with what attitude did they help her to recover spiritually? (13) How did a pioneer sister prove to be a real friend to Tara? (14) What did Tara come to see differently?
(15) What lessons have you learned from this video? (16) How can you use this video to help others?