Other Ways You Can Protect Yourself
Protect Your Car:
● Try not to park on dark or deserted streets.
● Take your keys out of the ignition and make sure the doors are locked when you leave your car.
● Lock any packages in the trunk or take them with you.
Protect Yourself from Pickpockets:
● Do not display large sums of money in public.
● Men—in large crowds it is best for you not to keep your wallet in a hip pocket, even if it is buttoned. If you are jostled while in a crowd, make sure your wallet is yet in place.
● Women—do not lay your handbag on a counter or floor or in a shopping cart while making purchases. Do not leave your purse on a seat in a public place of assembly. When carrying a load of packages, keep your purse next to your body.
● Beware particularly of strangers who try to put their hands on you. Some may claim that they want to assist you in some way; others may describe their own ailments by touching your body. Such persons may be pickpockets cleverly trying to remove your money.