Do You Remember?
Have you read the recent issues of The Watchtower carefully? If so, you should recognize these important points. Check yourself.*
● By what will a properly trained conscience be guided?
Bible principles.—Pp. 517, 518.
● What is the greatest textbook on prayer, and what may prayer actually be said to be?
The Bible. One-way communication with God.—P. 557.
● Why do many give credence to attacks scientists make on the Bible?
Because they mistakenly think that scientists have scientifically proved the Bible to be unscientific.—P. 584.
● Who are the “men of good will” referred to in Luke 2:14?
Those whom God favors because of their doing his will.—Pp. 629-631.
● What is meant by Jerusalem’s being “a burdensome stone to all the peoples”?
That the persecution of God’s people, who are visible representatives of the heavenly Jerusalem, will backfire on the persecutors, causing them to be crushed.—Pp. 658, 659.
● May a Christian work in the employ of a false religious organization?
No, for he would be making himself a part of that organization.—P. 703.
● What will it mean to come forth to a resurrection of life?
To gain or be rewarded with everlasting life in the heavens at the time of resurrection in the case of those called to heavenly life, or to be adjudged one who is worthy of eternal life because he practiced good things after his resurrection and through the test at the end of Christ’s thousand-year reign in the case of those resurrected on earth.—Pp. 724-726.
● What does it mean to come forth to a resurrection of judgment?
To be judged unworthy of life because of practicing vile things after one’s having been resurrected on earth under God’s kingdom. —Pp. 729, 730.
● Why did Jesus say that men cannot kill the soul?
Because they cannot prevent God from raising the soul from the dead.—P. 750.
● How does God destroy a soul in Gehenna?
By not raising it from the dead.—P. 752.
All references are to The Watchtower for 1964